Editor Choice: The Best Freezerless Refrigerator of 2016.
It is so frustrating these days, trying to find a good freezerless refrigerator. I did a lot of research and couldn’t manage to get much information – about what’s good and what’s not.
So I decided to share my experience, helping people to make a smart choice. I have done my best in gathering the best no freezer all refrigerator only with good deals, hope you like it.
>– Click Here to See the Top Rated All-Refrigerator of 2016 -Updated. [Customer Reviews]
By the way this type of refrigerator makes a good choice as a small office fridge and for dorm rooms, for storing beverages.
Refrigerator Reviews – Helping You Find the Right One.
Frigidaire FRU17B2JW Full Size
Danby Designer DAR026A1BDD
|Frigidaire FPRU19F8RF Professional Stainless Steel||4.5|
AVANTI RA7316PST Black
Refrigerators have become so essential in our lives these days, it is literally impossible to imagine a place without them. From our homes to restaurants, these appliances find applications in many industries due to their purposeful use and availability in different shapes and sizes, with varying features and capacity.
Are you planning to buy a refrigerator?
If yes, then have you done your research on which is the best refrigerator for you, with so many models are available in the market – this is definitely a daunting task.
We have gathered some general guidelines that will simplify the entire process of choosing a good refrigerator for the money you spend (updated for 2016).
Do you have enough space in your kitchen or where ever you intend to install the refrigerator. This is the first question you need to answer. Then, decide on the place where you want to install the fridge, measure the width and depth of that chosen place. This is because the refrigerators usually come in the following dimensions 60 to 80 centimeters (suitable for an house with moderate space).
Note: Do not force the fridge to fit in a tight place which might hinder the proper operation of the unit upon doing so. You have to allow some free space around the refrigerator for air circulation which is vital for optimum performance of the appliance.
If the space available is very less, and/or if you do not need a large fridge then consider going for a small refrigerator. There are some special models available like an all refrigerator which comes without a freezer.
If you like to have the best features with the biggest size then try to get a side by side refrigerator or a french door refrigerator. They do serve the purpose but the only drawback is that they are high end models, and might not be economical for a smaller family.
Another important aspect that should you have to answer next is – does the fridge you are considering to buy compliment your lifestyle. With so many brands and each of these brands know for a specific type or feature, and it is natural to get confused easily.
There is nothing much to say here, just think does it blend into your kitchen and would it match your requirements.
Energy Consumption – Is it Energy Star Certified?
Every appliance today complies with the energy star ratings, this means they save a lot of energy. Through the course of it’s life, an energy efficient refrigerator would consume less energy saving you on the electricity bill. So be sure you check these energy ratings and see which fridge saves more in the long run.
But when you are buying an old used refrigerators manufactured before mid 90’s, then you don’t get see this energy star rating.
Reliability and Performance.
How reliable is the refrigerator?
Is that a newly released model and are the customers satisfied with the buy. If possible, ask them how well it is performing right now after their purchase and is everything going well as described by the manufacturer.
The comparison chart with whirlpool, frigidaire might help you make a smart decision on which one to choose for a long life.
They come with added features like the ice maker and water dispenser.
Before even purchasing a freezerless refrigerator, answering these simple questions will help (simplify) choosing a fridge that suits your requirements.
1. What is the purpose of this refrigerator? Is it for home or commercial use.
2. What is the size you prefer? Compact or large (I meant full size).
3. Where do you intend to use it? Do you want a portable refrigerator.
4. Any preferences on color, most people desire black freezer refrigerators and what is your preferred color.
When it comes to the look and feel of this appliance I am very particular about it. I always try to get home kitchen appliances which gives me all the comfort but at the same time they should sink into the kitchen decor. Something that looks odd is not my style, and if you too give a lot of preference to such small details then better explore all the features and various brands before coming to a final decision. This is my personal opinion, the best styled refrigerators are usually the one’s with a cool stainless steel finishing.
Why Do You Need a Freezerless Refrigerator?
Traditional refrigerators always come with a freezer. Here are 7 reasons you need to break with tradition.
A refrigerator with a freezer has been the standard setup for so many years now. In the 1920s and 1930s, the first electric refrigerators with ice cube compartments became commercially available. Though mass production of these modern refrigerators didn’t happen until the end of WWII, by the 1960s most refrigerators in homes had a freezer compartment.
But that was then, and this is now. Some modern refrigerators do not have freezers and here are some possible reasons you should consider buying one:
- You want to save money. It doesn’t matter how well the economy is doing; this reason is always one you should consider when buying anything that costs at least a few hundred bucks. In general, a refrigerator with a freezer is more expensive than a freezerless model. And you also save money on your energy bill, as your fridge doesn’t need to consume enough power to maintain freezing temperatures.
- You want to save space. A conventional fridge (which has a freezer) is generally bigger, while the freezerless models are smaller. That makes the freezerless refrigerators better for a cramped condo or apartment. Sometimes you can even save space by buying a separate freezer and then a freezerless refrigerator, as you can separate them and put them in more accessible areas.
- You don’t need a freezer. Obviously if you already have a standalone freezer then you won’t need a refrigerator with a freezer. But if you don’t really store frozen foods at all, then you’re better off not having a freezer in your home. So if you’re not a fan of ice cream, a freezerless refrigerator makes a lot more sense.
- You’re buying a second refrigerator. Often you buy a second fridge because you want to save money by buying food in bulk. But that’s not a good idea if you don’t have a big storage space in the fridge. A second fridge acts as an extra storage for all the extra food you want to buy.
- The refrigerator is mainly to store drinks. This kind of refrigerator can be very handy in the game room or the TV room where people like to watch sports games on TV. But such a refrigerator doesn’t really need a freezer at all.
- You want to update your kitchen. It’s not very easy to get a refrigerator to fit in a custom-designed kitchen. Sometimes an interior decorator may recommend that you get a separate freezer and a freezerless refrigerator. They can then be disguised to match the looks of your cabinets, and they can be placed anywhere in your kitchen too.
- It’s less bothersome to clean. Defrosting a typical freezer in a refrigerator can be tedious. What’s more, cleaning the freezer requires different methods from cleaning the rest of the refrigerator. With a freezerless model, these problems are avoided altogether.
With all the advantages that a freezerless refrigerator can bring you, you really should consider buying one.
Refrigerator without freezer.
Each person has a different requirement when it comes to home appliances. Some prefer to go with feature-rich appliances that has all the specifications for a comfortable life, at the same time individuals or students who live single would like to go for a more affordable (cheap refrigerators) and energy efficient green technology products. We have put in our best efforts to cover most of them here.
First you have to know, that there are different types of refrigerators and it would be worth the time to go through each one of these types and then decide which is good for your kitchen.
Each fridge comes with a bundle of features and functionality, and this might make it more confusing. If you compare them with each other, then things get simpler. Knowing the functionality will help you understand what you actually need.
It is recommended that your check their energy star rating before owning one of them.
1. Small refrigerators – The conventional fridges have more storage capacities and not everyone requires them. So, if you have less space or budget available, this is a good option.
2. Full size refrigerator – If you have more space and have an urge for full-feature appliances, then this is for you.
3. Drawer refrigerator – they blend into your kitchen and appear to be a part of your kitchen.
4. Chest refrigerators with no freezer- if you are running a business and want to keep all your stuffs cool then this one is for you.
Even with their seamless application, the freezerless refrigerators are the less known and people who use it, are aware of the fact that it saves a lot of energy and space.
You may also be interested in knowing about other refrigerators listed below.
Side by side refrigerator | Mini Refrigerator | Built in Refrigerators | Maintenance and Repair.